Thursday, December 2, 2010

23 days until Christmas! The Elf

All week long my students waited for the arrival of our very own Elf on the Shelf! I myself was extremely excited! The Elf took a plane to get here all the way from the North Pole!
 Here is the awesome shipping box (except for the front corner that got smashed) It is on the other side!
 This is the inside box! It is totally awesome and the kids loved it!
 Here I am opening it up with the children! You should have seen their eyes open so wide!
We then picked out names for our Elf and voted on which one it would be. Edward the Elf! Of all names! My love for fictional vampires may have had an influence on the decision making. The children wanted me to take him out of the box. I told him that I would not touch him because if you touch him the Christmas magic dissapears! I was not going to be the one to ruin the magic! WE did open the "door" to his home so that tonight he could go to the North Pole to do his business with Santa! 
So... the Elf on the Shelf is awesome and everyone need to get one! I will let you know how it goes as the days grow closer to the Birth of the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh..... you are sooo awesome!! I love your spirit!!

    ReplyDelete