Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dinosaur Camp Continued!- The Egg

First thing is first my husband is awesome and here is why...
I had this crazy idea to create a dinosaur egg from another blog
I said I can do this and told my husband and so WE talked about creating this dinosaur egg. Well WE turned into HE while I was out with my friends seeing a movie! I really wish that I was there to watch the making of this dinosaur egg but here is how it went. M found a stuffed Dinosaur Rex from Toy Story to be exact! He put him in a balloon and then covered the balloon in newspaper covered in flour and water mixture (aka boiling hot gueww). He then added layers and a final layer of white paper then rolled the egg in sand and dirt from outside!
 I took this crazy cool egg to school and told the kids that I found it outside and I wondered what could be in it! Well they had many great guesses and also said that we had to make a nest for it! All on their own they gathered this straw hat from dramatic play and ripped up paper to had "softness" to the "nest". Here it now rests!

 We then talked about what we might know about Dinosaurs and here is what we came up with...

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! It makes me wish I was teaching Pre-K again this year. I love their curiosity.

    ReplyDelete